1. Dispenzieri A. Castleman disease. Cancer Treat Res 2008; 142: 293–330.
2. Ščudla V. Anémie chronických chorob, standardy diagnostiky a léčby. Vnitř Lék 2002; 48(5): 422–426.
3. Szturz P, Adam Z, Moulis M et al. Naše zkušenosti s léčbou multicentrické plazmocelulární varianty Castlemanovy choroby s projevy vaskulitidy. Vnitř Lék 2012; 58(9): 679–690.
4. Adam Z, Szturz P, Křen L et al. PET-CT dokumentovaný rychlý nástup léčebné odpovědi cyklofosfamidu, thalidomidu a dexametazonu u multicentrické formy Castlemanovy nemoci. Popis případu a přehled informací o léčbě. Vnitř Lék 2013; 59(4): 301–312.
5. Adam Z, Szturz P, Koukalová R et al. PET-CT dokumentovaná remise multicentrické formy Castlemanovy choroby po léčbě rituximabem Popis případu a přehled literatury Vnitř Lék 2015; 61(3): 251–259.
6. Castleman B, Towe VW. Case report of the Massachusetts General Hospital weekly clinicopathological exercises, fouded by Richard C Cabot. N Engl J Med 1954; 251(10): 396–400.
7. Keller AR, Hochholzer L, Castleman B. Hyaline-vascular and plasma-cell types of giant lymph node hyperplasia of the mediastinum and other localisation. Cancer 1972; 29(3): 670–683.
8. Gaba AR, Stein RS, Sweet DJ et al. Multicentric giant node hyperplasia. Am J Clin Pathol 1978; 69(1): 86–90.
9. Soulier J, Grollet L, Oksenhendler E et al. Kaposi’s sarcoma-associated herpesvirus-like DNA sequences in multicentric Castleman’s disease. Blood 1995; 86(4): 1276–1280.
10. Chadbum A, Cesarman E, Nador RG et al. Kaposi´s sarcoma-associated herpesvirus sequences in benign lymphoid proliferations not associated with human immunodeficiency virus. Cancer 1997; 80(4): 788–797.
11. Riu P, Noesl LH, Droz D et al. Glomerular involvement in lymfoproliferative disorders with hyperproduction of cytokines (Castleman, POEMS). Adv Nephrol Necker Hosp 2000; 30: 305–331.
12. Masaki Y, Nakajima A, Iwao H et al. Japanese variant of multicentric castleman’s disease associated with serositis and thrombocytopenia – a report of two cases: is TAFRO syndrome (Castleman- Kojima disease) a distinct clinicopathological entity? J Clin Exp Hematop 2013; 53(1): 79–85.
13. Kawabata H, Takai K, Kojima M et al. Castleman-Kojima disease (TAFRO syndrome): a novel systemic inflammatory disease characterized by a constellation of symptoms, namely, thrombocytopenia, ascites (anasarca), microcytic anemia, myelofibrosis, renal dysfunction, and organomegaly. J Clin Exp Hematop 2013; 53(1): 57–61.
14. Inoue M, Ankou M, Hua J et al. Complete resolution of TAFRO syndrome (thrombocytopenia, anasarca, fever, reticulin fibrosis and organomegaly) after immunosuppressive therapies using corticosteroids and cyclosporin A: a case report. J Clin Exp Hematop 2013; 53(1): 95–99.
15. Tedesco S, Postacchini L, Manfredi L et al. Successful treatment of a Caucasian case of multifocal Castleman´s disease with TAFRO syndrome with pathophysiology targeted therapy- case report. Exp Hematol Oncol 2015; 4(1): 3. Dostupné z DOI: <http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/2162–3619–4-3>.
16. Robinson D Jr, Reynolds M, Casper C et al. Clinical epidemiology and treatment patterns of patients with multicentric Castleman disease: results from two US treatment centres. Br J Haematol 2014; 165(1): 39–48.
17. Fajgenbaum DC, vanRhee F, Nabel CS. HHV-8 negative idiopathic multicentric Castleman disease: novel insight into biology pathogenesis and therapy. Blood 2014; 123(19): 2924–2933.
18. Bower M, Pria AD, Coyle C et al. Diagnostic criteria schemes for multicentric Castleman disease in 75 cases. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 2014; 65(2): e80-e82. Dostupné z DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/QAI.0b013e3182a8338f.
19. Cronin DM, Warnke RA. Castleman disease: an update on classification and the spectrum of associated lesions. Adv Anat Pathol 2009; 16(4): 236–246.
20. Kawabata H, Kadowaki N, Nishikori M et al. Clinical features and treatment of multicentric Castleman’s disease : a retrospective study of 21 Japanese patients at a single institute. J Clin Exp Hematop 2013; 53(1): 69–77.
21. El Karoui K, Vuiblet V, Dion D et al. Renal involvement in Castleman disease. Nephrol Dial Transplant 2011; 26(2): 599–609.
22. Sydor A, Madura M, Wagrowska-Danilewicz M. Amyloid a amyloidosis and renal failure in a course of Castleman disease. Nephrology (Carlton) 2007; 12(6): 620–621.
23. Leung KT, Wong KM, Choi KS et al. Multiicentric Castleman’s disease complicated by secondary renal amyloidosis. Nephrology (Carlton) 2004; 9(6): 392–393.
24. Dispenzieri A, Buadi FK. A review of POEMS syndrome. Oncology (Williston Park) 2013; 27(12): 1242–1250.
25. Dispenzieri A. POEMS syndrome: 2014 update on diagnosis, risk-stratification, and management. Am J Hematol 2014; 89(2): 214–223.
26. Fajgenbaum DC, Rosenbach M, van Rhee F et al. Eruptive cherry hemangiomatosis associated with multicentric Castleman disease: a case report and diagnostic clue. JAMA Dermatol 2013; 149(2): 204–208. Erratum in JAMA Dermatol 2014; 150(4): 460.
27. Ruwan KP, Parakramawansha C, Wijeweera I et al. A case of POEMS syndrome with mixed hyaline vascular and plasma cell type Castleman’s disease. Ceylon Med J 2009; 54(2): 68–69.
28. Misri R, Kharkar V, Dandale A et al. Multiple capillary hemangiomas: a distinctive lesion of multicentric Castleman’s disease and POEMS syndrome. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 2008; 74(4): 364–366.
29. Garcia T, Dafer R, Hocker S et al Recurrent strokes in two patients with POEMS syndrome and Castleman’s disease. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 2007; 16(6): 278–284.
30. Owens CL, Weir EG, Ali SZ. Cytopathologic findings in “POEMS” syndrome associated with Castleman disease. Diagn Cytopathol 2007; 35(8): 512–515.
31. Eisenbarth SC, Colegio OR, Iyer A et al. Images in neuro-oncology: a case of POEMS (Polyneuropathy, Organomegaly, Endocrinopathy, Monoclonal protein and Skin changes) in a patient with multicentric Castleman’s disease. J Neurooncol 2007; 81(2): 163–165.
32. Huang J, Wang L, Zhou W et al. Hyaline vascular Castleman disease associated with POEMS syndrome and cerebral infarction. Ann Hematol 2007; 86(1): 59–61.
33. Tal Y, Haber G, Cohen MJ et al. Autologous stem cell transplantation in a rare multicentric Castleman disease of the plasma cell variant. Int J Hematol 2011; 93(5): 677–680.
34. Dispenzieri A, Armitage JO, Loes MJ et al. The clinical spectrum of Castleman´s disease. Am J Hematol 2012; 87(11): 997–1002.
35. Robinson D jr, Reynolds M, Casper C et al. Clinical epidemiology and treatment patterns of patients with multicentric Castleman disease: results from two US treatment centres. Br J Haematol 2014; 165(1): 39–48.
36. Chronowski GM, Ha CS, Wilder RB et al. Treatment of unicentric and multicentric Castleman disease and the role of radiotherapy. Cancer 2001; 92(3): 670–676.
37. Wolf M, Van Offel JF, Van de Velde A et al. Multicentric plasma cell variant Castleman’s disease presenting with cutaneous vasculitis and pulmonary parenchymal involvement in a patient with ankylosing spondylitis: case report and review of the literature. Acta Clin Belg 2011; 66(4): 305–310.
38. Dham A, Peterson BA. Castleman disease. Curr Opin Hematol 2007; 14(4): 354–359.
39. Peker D, Martinez AE, Schwartz MA et al. Complete remission in 4 patients with human herpesvirus 8-associated multicentric Castleman disease using rituximab and liposomal doxorubicin, a novel chemotherapy combination. Clin Adv Hematol Oncol 2012; 10(3): 204–206.
40. Hoffmann C, Schmid H, Müller M et al. Improved outcome with rituximab in patients with HIV-associated multicentric Castleman disease. Blood 2011; 118(13): 3499–3503.
41. Fragasso A, Mannarella C, Ciancio A et al. Complete remission and virologic response to combined chemoimmunotherapy (R-CVP) followed by rituximab maintenance in HIV-negative, HHV-8 positive patient with multicentric Castleman disease. Leuk Lymphoma 2008; 49(11): 2224–2226.
42. Casquero A, Barroso A, Fernández Guerrero ML. Use of rituximab as a salvage therapy for HIV-associated multicentric Castleman disease. Ann Hematol 2006; 85(3): 185–187.
43. Ide M, Kawachi Y, Izumi Y et al. Long-term remission in HIV-negative patients with multicentric Castleman’s disease using rituximab. Eur J Haematol 2006; 76(2): 119–123.
44. Powles T, Stebbing J, Montoto S et al. Rituximab as retreatment for rituximab pretreated HIV-associated multicentric Castleman disease. Blood 2007; 110(12): 4132–4133.
45. Bestawros A, Michel R, Séguin C et al. Multicentric Castleman’s disease treated with combination chemotherapy and rituximab in four HIV-positive men: a case series. Am J Hematol 2008; 83(6): 508–511.
46. Buchler T, Dubash S, Lee V et al. Rituximab failure in fulminant multicentric HIV/human herpesvirus 8-associated Castleman’s disease with multiorgan failure: report of two cases. AIDS 2008; 22(13): 1685–1687.
47. Bower M, Veraitch O, Szydlo R et al. Cytokine changes during rituximab therapy in HIV-associated multicentric Castleman disease. Blood 2006; 113(19): 4521–4524.
48. Mian H, Leber B. Mixed variant multicentric Castleman disease treated with rituximab: case report. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 2010; 32(8): 622.
49. Lee JP, Kim DK, Oh DY et al. Successfully treated multicentric Castleman’s disease with renal thrombotic microangiopathy using rituximab and corticosteroid. Clin Nephrol 2011; 75(2): 165–170.
50. Gérard L, Bérezné A, Galicier L et al . Prospective study of rituximab in chemotherapy-dependent human immunodeficiency virus associated multicentric Castleman’s disease: ANRS 117 CastlemaB Trial. J Clin Oncol 2007; 25(22): 3350–3356.
51. Gérard L, Michot JM, Burcheri S et al. Rituximab decreases the risk of lymphoma in patients with HIV-associated multicentric Castleman disease. Blood 2012; 119(10): 2228–2233.
52. Ramasamy K, Gandhi S, Flowers MT et al. Rituximab and thalidomide combination therapy for Castleman Disease. Brit J Haematol 2012; 158(3): 415–429.
53. Stary G, Kohrgruber N, Herneth AM et al. Complete regression of HIV-associated multicentric Castleman disease treated with rituximab and thalidomide. AIDS 2008; 22(10): 1232–1234.
54. Fishman SJ, Feins NR, D’Amato RJ et al. Long-term remission of Crohn’s disease treated with thalidomide: a seminal case report. Angiogenesis 1999; 3(3): 201–204.
55. Lee FC, Merchant SH. Alleviation of systemic manifestations of multicentric Castleman’s disease by thalidomide. Am J Hematol 2003; 73(1): 48–53.
56. Starkey CR, Joste NE, Lee FC. Near-total resolution of multicentric Castleman disease by prolonged treatment with thalidomide. Am J Hematol. 2006; 81(4): 303–304.
57. Kim SY, Lee SA, Ryoo HM et al. Thalidomide for POEMS syndrome. Ann Hematol 2006; 85(8): 545–546.
58. Wang X, Ye S, Xiong C et al. Successful treatment with bortezomib and thalidomide for POEMS syndrome associated with multicentric mixed-type Castleman’s disease. Jpn J Clin Oncol 2011; 41(10): 1221–1224.
59. Menegato MA, Canelles MF, Tonutti E et al. Remission of nephrotic syndrome after thalidomide therapy in a patient with Castleman’s disease. Clin Nephrol 2004; 61(5): 352–356.
60. Miltenyi Z, Toth J, Gonda A et al. Successful immunomodulatory therapy in castleman disease with paraneoplastic pemphigus vulgaris. Pathol Oncol Res 2009; 15(3): 375–381.
61. Zhao X, Shi R, Jin X et al. Diffuse hyperpigmented plaques as cutaneous manifestation of multicentric Castleman disease and treatment with thalidomide: report of three cases. J Am Acad Dermatol 2011; 65(2): 430–432.
62. Jung CP, Emmerich B, Goebel FD et al. Successful treatment of a patient with HIV-associated multicentric Castleman disease (MCD) with thalidomide. Am J Hematol 2004; 75(3): 176–177.
63. Wang X, Ye S, Xiong C et al. Successful treatment with bortezomib and thalidomide for POEMS syndrome associated with multicentric mixed-type Castleman’s disease. Jpn J Clin Oncol 2011; 41(10): 1221–1224.
64. Hess G, Wagner V, Kreft A et al. Effects of bortezomib on proinflamatory cytokine levels and transfusion dependency in patient with multicentric Castleman disease. Brit J Haematol 2006; 134(5): 544–545.
65. Sobas MA, Alonso Vence N, Diaz Arias J et al. Efficacy of bortezomib in refractory form of multicentric Castleman disease associated to POEMS syndrome (MCD-POEMS variant). Ann Hematol 2010; 89(2): 217–219.
66. Galeotti C, Boucheron A, Guillaume S et al. Sustained remission of multicentric Castleman disease in children treated with tocilizumab, an anti-interleukin-6 receptor antibody. Mol Cancer Ther 2012; 11(8): 1623–1626.
67. Yuzuriha A, Saitoh T, Koiso H et al. Successful treatment of autoimmune hemolytic anemia associated with multicentric Castleman disease by anti-interleukin-6 receptor antibody (tocilizumab) therapy. Acta Haematol 2011; 126(3): 147–150.
68. Higuchi T, Nakanishi T, Takada K et al. A case of multicentric Castleman’s disease having lung lesion successfully treated with humanized anti-interleukin-6 receptor antibody, tocilizumab. J Korean Med Sci 2010; 25(9): 1364–1367.
69. Arita Y, Sakata Y, Sudo T et al. The efficacy of tocilizumab in a patient with pulmonary arterial hypertension associated with Castleman’s disease. Heart Vessels 2010; 25(5): 444–447.
70. Song SN, Tomosugi N, Kawabata H et al. Down-regulation of hepcidin resulting from long-term treatment with an anti-IL-6 receptor antibody (tocilizumab) improves anemia of inflammation in multicentric Castleman disease. Blood 2010; 116(18): 3627–3634.
71. Nishimoto N, Terao K, Mima T et al. Mechanisms and pathologic significances in increase in serum interleukin-6 (IL-6) and soluble IL-6 receptor after administration of an anti-IL-6 receptor antibody, tocilizumab, in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and Castleman disease. Blood 2008; 112(10): 3959–3964.
72. Williams SC. First IL-6-blocking drug nears approval for rare blood disorder. Nat Med 2013; 19(10): 1193.
73. Robey RC, Mletzko S, Colley C et al. The use of monoclonal antibodies to treat Castleman’s disease. Immunotherapy 2014; 6(2): 211–219.
74. Nagai K, Ueda A, Yamagata K. Successful use of tocilizumab in a case of multicentric Castleman’s disease and end-stage renal disease. Ther Apher Dial 2014; 18(2): 210–211.
75. Man L, Goudar RK. Reversal of cardiomyopathy with tocilizumab in a case of HIV-negative Castleman’s disease. Eur J Haematol 2013; 91(3): 273–276.
76. Otani N, Morishita Y, Oh I et al. Successful treatment of a mesangial proliferative glomerulonephritis with interstitial nephritis associated with Castleman’s disease by an anti-interleukin-6 receptor antibody (tocilizumab). Intern Med 2012; 51(11): 1375–1378.
77. Liu YC, Stone K, van Rhee F. Siltuximab for multicentric Castleman disease. Expert Rev Hematol 2014; 7(5): 545–557.
78. van Rhee F, Fayad L, Voorhees P et al. Siltuximab, a novel anti-interleukin-6 monoclonal antibody, for Castleman’s disease. J Clin Oncol 2010; 28(23): 3701–3708.
79. Kurzrock R, Voorhees PM, Casper C et al. A phase I, open-label study of siltuximab, an anti-IL-6 monoclonal antibody, in patients with B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma, multiple myeloma, or Castleman disease. Clin Cancer Res 2013; 19(13): 3659–3670.
80. van Rhee F, Wong RS, Munshi N et al. Siltuximab for multicentric Castleman´s disease. A randomized double blind placebo controlled trial. Lancet Oncol 2014; 15(9): 966–974.