1. Ng SW, Mahadevan U. My treatment approach to management of the pregnant patient with inflammatory bowel disease. Mayo Clin Proc 2014; 89(3): 355–360.
2. van der Woude CJ, Kolacek S, Dotan I et al. European evidenced-based consensus on reproduction in inflammatory bowel disease. J Crohns Colitis 2010; 4(5): 493–510.
3. Gisbert JP, Chaparro M. Safety of anti-TNF agents during pregnancy and breastfeeding in women with inflammatory bowel disease. Am J Gastroenterol 2013; 108(9): 1426–1438.
4. Huang VW, Habal FM. From conception to delivery: managing the pregnant inflammatory bowel disease patient. World J Gastroenterol 2014; 20(13): 3495–3506.
5. Mahadevan U, Wolf DC, Dubinsky M et al. Placental transfer of anti-tumor necrosis factor agents in pregnant patients with inflammatory bowel disease. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 2013; 11(3): 286–292.
6. Vermeire S, Carbonnel F, Coulie PG et al. Management of inflammatory bowel disease in pregnancy. J Crohns Colitis 2012; 6(8): 811–823.
7. Bortlik M, Machkova N, Duricova D et al. Pregnancy and newborn outcome of mothers with inflammatory bowel diseases exposed to anti-TNF-alpha therapy during pregnancy: three-center study. Scand J Gastroenterol 2013; 48(8): 951–958.
8. Dubinsky M, Abraham B, Mahadevan U. Management of the pregnant IBD patient. Inflamm Bowel Dis 2008; 14(12): 1736–1750.
9. Mahadevan U, Cucchiara S, Hyams JS et al. The London Position Statement of the World Congress of Gastroenterology on Biological Therapy for IBD with the European Crohn’s and Colitis Organisation: pregnancy and pediatrics. Am J Gastroenterol 2011; 106(2): 214–223.
10. Selinger CP, Eaden J, Selby W et al. Inflammatory bowel disease and pregnancy: lack of knowledge is associated with negative views. J Crohns Colitis 2013; 7(6): e206-e213.
11. Nielsen OH, Loftus jr. EV, Jess T. Safety of TNF-alpha inhibitors during IBD pregnancy: a systematic review. BMC Med 2013; 11: 174.
12. Schnitzler F, Fidder H, Ferrante M et al. Outcome of pregnancy in women with inflammatory bowel disease treated with antitumor necrosis factor therapy. Inflamm Bowel Dis 2011; 17(9): 1846–1854.
13. Yarur A, Kane SV. Update on pregnancy and breastfeeding in the era of biologics. Dig Liver Dis 2013; 45(10): 787–794.
14. Mahadevan U, Martin CF, Sandler RS. PIANO: A 1,000-Patient Prospective Registry of Pregnancy Outcomes in Women with IBD Exposed to Immunomodulators and Biologic Therapy. A special meeting review edition: Highlights in Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis: Digestive Disease Week 2012 May 19–22, 2012, San Diego, California. Gastroenterol Hepatol 2012; 8(8 Suppl 5): 1–24.
15. Koren G, Inoue M. Do tumor necrosis factor inhibitors cause malformations in humans. J Rheumatol 2009; 36(3): 465–466.
16. Zelinkova Z, Pierik MJ, Kuipers EJ et al. High intra-uterine exposure to infliximab following maternal anti-TNF treatment during pregnancy. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2011; 33(9): 1053–1058.
17. Ng SW, Mahadevan U. Management of inflammatory bowel disease in pregnancy. Expert Rev Clin Immunol 2013; 9(2): 161–173.
18. Zelinkova Z, van der Ent C, Bruin KF et al. Effects of discontinuing anti-tumor necrosis factor therapy during pregnancy on the course of inflammatory bowel disease and neonatal exposure. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 2013; 11(3): 318–321.
19. Friedman S, Mc Elrath TF, Wolf JL. Management of fertility and pregnancy in women with inflammatory bowel disease: a practical guide. Inflamm Bowel Dis 2013; 19(13): 2937–2948.
20. Mahadevan U. Pregnancy and inflammatory bowel disease. Med Clin North Am 2010; 94(1): 53–73.
21. Bortlik M, Duricova D, Machkova N et al. Impact of anti-tumor necrosis factor alpha antibodies administered to pregnant women with inflammatory bowel disease on long-term outcome of exposed children. Inflamm Bowel Dis 2014; 20(3): 495–501.
22. Cheent K, Nolan J, Shariq S et al. Case Report: Fatal case of disseminated BCG infection in an infant born to a mother taking infliximab for Crohn’s disease. J Crohns Colitis 2010; 4(5): 603–605.
23. Rahier JF, Ben-Horin S, Chowers Y et al. European evidence-based Consensus on the prevention, diagnosis and management of opportunistic infections in inflammatory bowel disease. J Crohns Colitis 2009; 3(2): 47–91.
24. Rahier JF, Magro F, Abreu C et al. Second European evidence-based consensus on the prevention, diagnosis and management of opportunistic infections in inflammatory bowel disease. J Crohns Colitis 2014; 8(6): 443–468.