1. Galie N, Hoeper MM, Humbert M et al. Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary hypertension: the Task Force for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Pulmonary Hypertension of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the European Respiratory Society (ERS), endorsed by the International Society of Heart and Lung Transplantation (ISHLT). Eur Heart J 2009; 30: 2493–2537.
2. Jansa P, Popelová J, Al-Hiti H et al. Chronická plicní hypertenze. Cor Vasa 2011; 53: 169–182.
3. Simonneau G, Gatzoulis MA, Adatia A et al. Updated Clinical Classification of Pulmonary Hypertension. JACC 2013; 62: D34-D41.
4. Fedullo PF, Auger WR, Kerr KM et al. Chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. N Engl J Med 2001; 345: 1465–1472.
5. Pengo V, Leasing AWA, Prins MH et al. Incidence of chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension after pulmonary embolism. N Eng J Med 2004; 350: 2257–2264.
6. Ribeiro A, Lindmarker P, Johnson H et al. Pulmonary embolism: one-year follow-up with echocardiography doppler and five-year survival analysis. Circ 1999; 99: 1325–1330.
7. Becattini C, Angelli G, Pesavento R Incidence of Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension After a First Episode of Pulmonary Embolism. Chest 2006; 130: 172–175.
8. Miniati M, Monti S, Bottai M et al. Survival and Restoration of Pulmonary Perfusion in a Long-Term Follow-Up of Patients After Acute Pulmonary Embolism. Medicine 2006; 85: 253–262.
9. Dentali F, Donadini M, Gianni M Incidence of chronic pulmonary hypertension in patients with previous pulmonary embolism. Thromb Res 2009; 124: 256–258.
10. Martí D, Gómez V, Escobar C et al. Incidence of symptomatic and asymptomatic chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Arch Bronconeumol 2010; 46: 628–633.
11. Torbicki A, Perrier A, Konstantinides S et al. Guidelines on the diagnosis and management of acute pulmonary embolism: the Task Force for the Diagnosis and management of Acute Pulmonary Embolism of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). Eur Heart J 2008; 29: 2276–2315.
12. Peacock A, Simonneau G, Rubin L Controversies, uncertainies and future research on the treatment of chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Proc Am Thorac Soc 2006; 3: 608–614.
13. Lang IM Chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension-not so rare after all. N Engl J Med 2004; 350: 2236–2238.
14. Hoeper MM, Mayer E, Simonneau G et al. Chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Circulation 2006; 113: 2011–2020.
15. Lang I, Kerr K Risk factors for chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Proc Am Thorac Soc 2006; 3: 568–570.
16. Pepke-Zaba J, Delcroix M, Lang I et al. Chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension (CTEPH): results from an international prospective registry. Circulation 2011; 124: 1973–1981.
17. Schiff GD, Hasan O, Kim S et al. Diagnostic error in medicine. Arch Intern Med 2009; 169: 1881–1887.
18. Meignan M, Rosso J, Gauthier H et al. Systematic lung scan reveal a high frequency of silent pulmonary embolism in patients with proximal deep venous thrombosis. Arch Intern Med 2000; 160: 159–164.
19. Boc A, Vene N, Stalc M et al. Unprovoked proximal venous thrombosis is associated with an increased risk of asymptomatic pulmonary embolism. Thromb Res 2014; 133: 1011–1015.
20. Tow DE, Wagner jr. HN Recovery of pulmonary arterial blood flow in patients with pulmonary embolism. N Engl J Med 1967; 276: 1053–1059.
21. Walker RH, Jackson JA, Goodwin J Resolution of pulmonary embolism. BMJ 1970; 4: 135–139.
22. The urokinase pulmonary embolism trial: a national cooperative study. Circulation 1973; 47: (2 Suppl.): II1-II108.
23. Wartski M, Collignon MA Incomplete Recovery of Lung Perfusion After 3 Months in Patients with Acute Pulmonary Embolism Treated with Antithrombotic Agents. J Nucl Med 2000; 41: 1043–1048.
24. Remy-Jardin M, Louvegny S, Remy J et al. Acute Central Thromboembolic Disease: Posttherapeutic Follow-up with Spiral CT Angiography. Radiology 1997; 203: 173–180.
25. Sanchez O, Helley D, Couchon S et al. Perfusion defects after pulmonary embolism: risk factors and clinical significance. J Thromb Haemost 2010; 8: 1248–1255.
26. Cosmi B, Nijkeuter M, Valentino M et al. Residual emboli on lung perfusion scan or multidetector computed tomography after a first episode of acute pulmonary embolism. Intern Emerg Med 2011; 6: 521–528.
27. Anderson EG, Simon G, Reid L Primary and thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension: a quantitative pathological study. J Pathol 1972; 110: 273–293.
28. Moser KM, Bloor CM Pulmonary vascular lesions occurring in patients with chronic major vessel thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Chest 1993; 103: 685–692.
29. Galie N, Kim NHS Pulmonary microvascular disease in chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Proc Am Thorac Soc 2006; 3: 571–576.
30. Ogata T, Iijima T Structure and pathogenesis of plexiform lesion in pulmonary hypertension. Chin Med J 1993; 106: 45–48.
31. Bondermann D, Jakowitsch J, Adlbrecht C et al. Medical conditions increasing the risk of chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Thromb Haemost 2005; 93: 512–516.
32. Ignatescu M, Kostner K, Zorn G et al. Plasma Lp(a) levels are increased in patients with chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Thromb Haemost 1998; 80: 231–232.
33. Olman MA, Marsh JJ, Lang IM et al. Endogenous fibrinolytic system in chronic large-vessel thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Circulation 1992; 86: 1241–1248.
34. Riedel M, Staněk V, Widimský J et al. Longterm follow up of patients with chronic pulmonary tromboembolism. Late prognosis and evolution of haemodynamic and respiratory data. Chest 1982; 81: 151–158.
35. Lewczuk J, Piszko P, Jagas J et al. Prognostic factors in medically treated petients with chronic pulmonary embolism. Chest 2001; 119: 818–823.
36. Ley S, Kauczor HU, Heussel CP et al. Value of contrast-enhanced MR angiography and helical CT angiography in chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Eur Radiol 2003; 13: 2365–2371.
37. Heinrich M, Gric A, Tscholl D et al. CT findings in patients with chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Rontgenpraxis 2005; 55: 222–228.
38. Wittram C, Kalra MK, Maher MM et al. Acute and Chronic Pulmonary Emboli: Angiography-CT Correlation. AJR 2006; 186: S421-S429.
39. Thistlethwaite PA, Mo M, Madani MM et al. Operative classification of thromboembolic disease determines outcome after pulmonary endarterectomy. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2002; 124: 1203–1211.
40. Auger WR, Kim NH, Kerr KM et al. Chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Clin Chest Med 2007; 28: 255–269.
41. Heinrich M, Uder M, Tscholl D et al. CT Scan Findings in Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary hypertension: Predictors of Hemodynamic Improvement After Pulmonary Thrombendarterectomy. Chest 2005; 127: 1606–1613.
42. Endrys J, Hayat N, Cherian G et al. Comparison of bronchopulmonary collaterals and collateral blood flow in patiens with chronic thromboembolic and primary pulmonary hypertension. Heart 1997; 78: 171–176.
43. Ley S, Kreitner KF, Morgenstern I et al. Bronchopulmonary Shunts in Patients with Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension: Evaluation with Helical CT and MR paging. AJR 2002; 179: 1209–1215.
44. Klok FA, Surie S, Kempf T et al. A simple non-invasive diagnostic algorithm for ruling out chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension in patients after acute pulmonary embolism. Thromb Res 2011; 128: 21–26.
45. Mayer E, Jenkins D, Lindner J et al. Surgical management and outcome of patients with chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension: results from an international prospective registry. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2011; 141: 702–710.
46. Freed DH, Thomson BM, Berman M et al. Survival after pulmonary thromboendarterectomy: effect of residua pulmonary hypertension. J Thorac Cadiovasc Surg 2011; 141: 383–387.
47. Simonneau G, Delcroix M, Lang I et al. Long-term outcome of patients with chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension: results of an international prospective registry comparing operated versus non operated patients. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2013; 187: A5635.
48. Condliffe R, Kiely DG, Gibbs JS et al. Improved outcomes in medically and surgically treated chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2008; 177: 1122–1127.
49. Thistlethwaite PA, Kemp A, Du L et al. Outcomes of pulmonary endarterectomy for treatment of extreme thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2006; 131: 307–313.
50. Fukumoto Y, Shimokawa H Recent progress in the management of pulmonary hypertension. Circ J 2011; 75: 1801–1810.
51. Sugimura K, Fukumoto Y, Satoh K et al. Percutaneous Transluminar Pulmonary Angioplasty Markedly Improves Pulmonary Hemodynamics and Long-Term Prognosis in Patients With Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension. Circ J 2012; 76: 485–488.
52. Jensen KW, Kerr KM, Fedullo PF et al. Pulmonary hypertensive medical therapy in chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension before pulmonary thromboendarterectomy. Circulation 2009; 120: 1248–1254.
53. Jais X, D’Armini AM, Jansa P et al. Bosentan for treatment of inoperable chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension: BENEFIT (Bosentan Effects in iNopErable Forms of chronIc Thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension), a randomized, placebo controlled trial. J Am Coll Cardiol 2008; 52: 2127–2134.
54. Olschewski H, Simonneau G, Galie N et al. Inhaled iloprost for severe pulmonary hypertension. N Engl J Med 2002; 347: 322–329.
55. Suntharalingam J, Treacy CM, Doughty NJ et al. Long-term use of sildenafil in inoperable chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Chest 2008; 134: 229–236.
56. Grimminger F, Reimann G, Frey R et al. First acute haemodynamic study of soluble guanylate cyclase stimulator riociguat in pulmonary hypertension. Eur Respir J 2009; 33: 785–792.
57. Lang M, Kojonazarov B, Tian X et al. The soluble guanylate cyklase stimulator riociguat ameliorates pulmonary hypertension induced by hypoxia and SU5416 in rats. PLoS One 2012; 7: e43433.
58. Ghofrani HA, D´Armini AM, Grimminger F et al. Riociguat for the treatment of Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension. N Engl J Med 2013; 369: 319–329.
59. Simonneau G, D’Armini AM, Ghofrani HA et al. Riociguat for the treatment of chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension: a long-term extension study (CHEST-2). Eur Respir J 2014 Nov 13. doi: 10.1183/09031936.00087114
60. Rothman A, Sklansky MS, Lucas VW et al. Atrial septostomy as a bridge to lung transplantation in patients with severe pulmonary hypertension. Am J Cardiol 1999; 84: 682–686.
61. Pesavento R, Filippi L, Pagnan A et al. Unexpectedly high recanalization rate in patients with pulmonary embolism treated with anticoagulants alone. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2014; 189(10): 1277–1279.