1. Van de Werf F, Bax J, Betriu A et al. Management of acute myocardial infarction in patients presenting with persistent ST‑segment elevation: the Task Force on the Management of ST‑Segment Elevation Acute Myocardial Infarction of the European Society of Cardiology. Eur Heart J 2008; 29: 2909–2945.
2. Schwarz B, Mair P, Margreiter J et al. Experience with percutaneous venoarterial cardiopulmonary bypass for emergency circulatory support. Crit Care Med 2003; 31: 758–764.
3. Marasco SF, Lukas G, McDonald M et al. Review of ECMO (extra corporeal membrane oxygenation) support in critically ill adult patients. Heart Lung Circ 2008; 17 (Suppl 4): S41–S47.
4. Bakhtiary F, Keller H, Dogan S et al. Venoarterial extracorporeal membrane oxygenation for treatment of cardiogenic shock: clinical experiences in 45 adult patients. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2008; 135: 382–388.
5. Arlt M, Philipp A, Zimmermann M et al. First experiences with a new miniaturised life support system for mobile percutaneous cardiopulmonary bypass. Resuscitation 2008; 77: 345–350.
6. Thiagarajan RR, Brogan TV, Scheurer MA et al. Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation to Support Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation in Adults. Ann Thorac Surg 2009; 87: 778–785.
7. Haneya A, Philipp A, Foltan M et al. Extracorporeal circulatory systems in the interhospital transfer of critically ill patients: experience of a single institution. Ann Saudi Med 2009; 29: 110–114.
8. Thiele H, Sick P, Boudriot E et al. Randomized comparison of intra-aortic balloon support with a percutaneous left ventricular assist device in patients with revascularized acute myocardial infarction complicated by cardiogenic shock. Eur Heart J 2005; 26: 1276–1283.
9. Seyfarth M, Sibbing D, Bauer I et al. A randomized clinical trial to evaluate the safety and efficacy of a percutaneous left ventricular assist device versus intra‑aortic balloon pumping for treatment of cardiogenic shock caused by myocardial infarction. J Am Coll Cardiol 2008; 52: 1584–1588.
10. Dickstein K, Cohen‑Solal A, Filippatos G et al. ESC guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure 2008: the Task Force for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure 2008 of the European Society of Cardiology. Developed in collaboration with the Heart Failure Association of the ESC (HFA) and endorsed by the European Society of Intensive Care Medicine (ESICM). Eur J Heart Fail 2008; 10: 933–989.
11. Dang NC, Topkara VK, Mercando M et al. Right heart failure after left ventricular assist device implantation in patients with chronic congestive heart failure. J Heart Lung Transplant 2006; 25: 1–6.
12. Shuhaiber JH, Jenkins D, Berman M et al. The Papworth experience with the Levitronix CentriMag ventricular assist device. J Heart Lung Transplant 2008; 27: 158–164.
13. Puwanant S, Hamilton KK, Klodell CT et al. Tricuspid annular motion as a predictor of severe right ventricular failure after left ventricular assist device implantation. J Heart Lung Transplant 2008; 27: 1102–1107.
14. Ochiai Y, McCarthy PM, Smedira NG et al. Predictors of severe right ventricular failure after implantable left ventricular assist device insertion: analysis of 245 patients. Circulation 2002; 106: I198–I202.
15. Fukamachi K, McCarthy PM, Smedira NG et al. Preoperative risk factors for right ventricular failure after implantable left ventricular assist device insertion. Ann Thorac Surg 1999; 68: 2181–2184.
16. Moazami N, Pasque MK, Moon MR et al. Mechanical Support for Isolated Right Ventricular Failure in Patients After Cardiotomy. J Heart Lung Transplant 2004; 23: 1371–1375.
17. Wudel JH, Hlozek CC, Smedira NG et al. Extracorporeal life support as a post left ventricular assist device implant supplement. ASAIO J 1997; 43: M441–M443.